Mechanical Design Engineer
Based in the East Midlands, our Client is a leading edge engineering SME company that specialises in the manufacture of materials, processing equipment and energy from waste power generation. They pride themselves on developing advanced engineering solutions within the sustainable energy, energy from waste and the design and manufacture of waste materials processing equipment environment. Founded over 35 years ago, their engineering innovation is a fundamental part of the business which has helped them establish as a major player in their areas of expertise.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proactive and experienced Mechanical Design Engineer. This is a key role to the business and the successful individual will be accountable for the design and implementation of client projects for specialised processing and management of waste equipment, as well as providing engineering support to the on-site power plant. You will operate within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the successful implementation of detailed design meets the highest standards of safety and regulatory compliance.
Key responsibilities include:
– Design and development of new projects for external clients from conception through to successful completion. Additionally, contributing to internal projects for optimising waste energy performance relating to the on-site energy from waste power plant.
– Excellent design analysis, with the ability to work from first principles, translating design concepts into 3D CAD models (AutoCAD Inventor), ensuring full alignment with customer requirements.
– Detailed drawing production working alongside other members of the design team.
– Working proactively with senior colleagues and liaising with manufacturing to ensure strict compliance to quality and design standards.
– Good communication with all stakeholders ensuring full compliance to designs and budgets.
– Identify and provide solutions that meet the highest levels of Health & Safety, Quality and Regulatory standards, including The Machinery Directive.
Our Client is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer with a good knowledge of design, mechanical machinery and a good appreciation of;
– Mechanical equipment and machining requirements
– Sheet metal fabrication
– Pressure containing equipment
– Piping layouts
– General steel structures.
Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate experience in these key areas.
The successful Candidate will be a quick learner and be able to analyse problems using engineering principals and perform basic calculations. Furthermore, you must have the ability to communicate initial design ideas and interpret engineering drawings to a high standard. A professionally qualified Mechanical Engineering Degree or Higher National Diploma would be advantageous coupled with five years’ experience in a related field.
The following key attributes are also essential:
– Proven experience in creating and maintaining CAD models and files (AutoCAD, Inventor)
– A hands-on approach, with the ability to liaise with workshop personnel in a manufacturing environment.
– A strong desire to work within a dynamic environment with exposure to a wide variety of projects and the chance to develop your career and broaden your skills and knowledge.
– Robust organisational skills with a keen attention for detail.
– Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
– A solid technical understanding of common computer operating systems and proficient use of MS Office applications