Our client are a successful and expanding supplier and installer of bespoke glazing products. They are now seeking an organised and ambitious Draughtsperson to work in the companys technical office. The position of Technical / Projects Draughtsperson is to cover maternity leave and based at the companys head office in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire.
The Role –
As a Technical Draughtsperson you will be working within the friendly technical team as an important member of staff. Your duties will include:
– Setting out and drawing up glazing solutions from site surveyors notes.
– Periodically attending site survey appointments with the companys Surveyor as and when required.
– Creating bespoke manufacturing drawings, revising drawings, installation instructions and product data sheets.
– Problem solving as part of the technical team.
– Undertaking research work for new products and associated drawing work, alongside other members of the technical team.
– Working on technical initiatives including the updating of existing products and the development of new products.
– The responsibility of looking after the companys product drawing library.
The Candidate –
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience during the interview:
– Previous experience in AutoCAD (preferably the 2013 edition or later).
– A consistent and self-disciplined approach to drawing presentation and quality.
– A good technical mind.
– A high level of computer literacy with the ability use Microsoft Office.
– A confident, pleasant and likable character.
A basic understanding of how buildings are constructed or how glazing and frames are installed, and of site carpentry / joinery would also be advantageous but not essential.
Duration – Initially 6 months.
Rate – £10-12/hour
Start date – December 2017.
This role would suit a graduate who is proficient using AutoCAD.