Our client are a leading manufacturer of commercial vehicle trailers, curtain-siders, box vans & rigid bodywork.
Due to a continually strong order book and workload they are looking to increase their Engineering team with an Apprentice Design Engineer.
The Apprentice Design Engineer role
– You will be assisting within the design office using SolidWorks.
– You will be working from initial concept, through design, development, manufacture and inspection.
– You will report directly to the Technical Manager but work alongside other Engineers as well as the Sales, Purchasing and Production teams on a daily basis.
The Apprentice Design Engineer candidate
– 3D CAD experience is desired, although full training in SolidWorks specifically can be given within the scope of the role.
– The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the Mechanical/ Design Engineering discipline and be keen to advance their own understanding of the subject through on the job learning/ experience, in what is a fast paced and innovative department and company as a whole.
– Salary will be in line with Apprenticeship national minimum wage.
– Typical office hours are 9am to 5pm based in their head office in Peterborough.