To apply for any of the job(s) please click "Add to my list" next to the job title and then click "Apply Now" on the right hand side menu. To clear job(s) please click "Remove from my list".
Job Title: Manufacturing and Service Technician
Reports to: Engineering Project Manager
Location/based at: Barrow-Upon-Soar
As part of your normal duties you may required to work at any other premises at or from which the Company carries on business and/or you may also be required to work for periods of time outside the UK.
Hours of Work:
Normal : 37.5 hours per week Mon-Fri
An inherent part of this position is to provide telephone and onsite support to customers during evenings and weekends. Therefore, standard office hours will not be applicable during periods when such support is necessary.
Job purpose/ function:
In your primary role as Manufacturing Technician, you will work in a in a multi-disciplinary production workshop environment to support the design, build and test activities of real-time inspection systems.
This will include:
- Build and assembly of products and prototype systems.
- Undertaking practical systems work as directed by the Manufacturing Manager.
- To contribute to the design, development and implementation of products and services.
- Working to best working practices as defined by the company quality system.
As a secondary duty you will be required to deputise for the Service Engineer in providing telephone and onsite support to customers, both within and out of office hours, and to contribute to support activities including repairs to warranty systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Machine Building
- Mechanical build/assembly
- Electrical wiring and some soldering
- Electronics testing, fault finding and repair
- Machine testing using standard equipment, multimeters, oscilloscopes and computer driven equipment
- Installing application programs onto PC and PLC-based systems
- Produce and maintain relevant test documentation using MS Word and/or Excel
- Sourcing and procurement of materials and components
- Field support and service activity
General Workshop support including:
- Packing, processing and handling goods in and out
- Day-to-day housekeeping in of the workshop
Field support and service activity:
- Support the Service Engineer in the provision of service and support cover
- Provide out of hours ‘on-call ‘ cover
- Provide telephone support to customers as required
- Visit customers to provide field service support as required
- To maintain the cleanliness of the workshop
- Upkeep of personal time sheets
- Behave with the highest standards of integrity
- Adhere to best working practices.
- Working according to the Company’s Health & Safety procedures.
Special Working Conditions
Some travel, both national and international, involving driving.
Occasional overtime and weekend work may be required.
BTEC Level-3, HNC or equivalent
It is anticipated that to fulfil all the above requirements that 3-5 years relevant experience in a similar design and manufacturing environment will be necessary.